In makeup, highlighting and contouring are the techniques that can give you a splendid look if done properly. Highlighting has more importance as compared to face contouring. Highlighting in the wrong way can make you look worst even. Most of the women are just unaware of the right way of highlighting their face and that is why they cannot get a perfect makeup look. To help such women, we are here with our best guide that “How To Use Highlighter On Face”.
Highlighting the face brings a natural glow to your face. During the winter season, you cannot look appropriate without highlighting your face. Highlighters available in the market if used in the right way make our face shiny and attractive. The area in the center of your face needs more highlighting as compared to other facial zones. Read our best face highlighting tutorial and have a glowing makeup look always.
Find Your Face Shape
Before you start applying highlighter on your face, you should determine your face shape at first. For different face shapes, the highlighter is applied in a different way.
Highlighters are available in a number of shades. For different skin tones, highlighters in different shades work well. After you have determined your face shape, choose the right color of highlighter according to the natural color of your skin.
Face Highlighter Products
Face highlighters are available in different forms just like the foundation for your face. You may go for any type of highlighter, i.e. liquid highlighter, cream highlighter etc. Choose the right type of the highlighter which you find easy to use.
Once you have selected the right highlighter for your face shape, just follow the tips below and start applying the highlighter on your face.
How To Use Highlighter On Face
- First of all, you need to apply highlighter on your forehead. To get a sun-touched look, start applying highlighter right from the central area of the forehead. After applying highlighter, start brushing it in the outward direction. This way, the product will able to diffuse properly. If you do not want to get a shiny look, go for applying a foundation in a lighter shade.
- Next, go for applying highlighter on the eyebrows. You can better hide your grown-out eyebrows with the help of highlighter. Eyebrow highlighting will make the natural shape of your eyebrow prominent and take away any extra hair from the sides.
- Next, apply highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes. This way you can conceal the tired look of the eyes and can have shiny eyes. Good is to use an eye shade in sparkling silver or white color for highlighting inner eye corners.
- After highlighting inner eye corners, apply highlighter on your cheekbones. Apply bronzer on the eye circles and this way you can hide the dark eye circles. Apply sparkling product on the apples of cheekbones and have a glowing face.
- Next comes nose highlighting. Apply highlighter on down the nose bridge and this way you can make your face too attractive and glowing.
- After highlighting your nose, apply highlighter on the area above your lips. This trick will help you in giving a fuller look to your lips.
- Next, apply highlighter on the chin for a complete glow. Start applying highlighter from the middle of your chin in a circular manner and have a glowing beauty.
This is all about face highlighting. The best face highlighting tutorial will help you in highlighting your face in a perfect way. Follow the best tips mentioned in the tutorial and have a glowing face in no time.